|Prep Time||25 minutes|
|Cook Time||25 minutes|
- 2 medium eggplants peeled
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 oz sweet Italian sausage casings removed
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 18 oz ricotta cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups Francesco Rinaldi Sweet & Tasty Tomato Sauce
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- Preheat oven 350° F
- Cut eggplants in half lengthwise and scoop out flesh, leaving a ½-inch shell. Chop the flesh into ¼ inch cubes, set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add sausage, breaking it apart as you cook and stir until no longer pink. Add eggplant cubes and garlic. Cook and stir 1 minute more. Stir in ricotta, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Fill eggplant shells. Spread the sauce over bottom of lightly buttered 11 x 7-inch baking dish. Place eggplant over sauce and sprinkle tops with Parmesan cheese. Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake 10 minutes more.