|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||17 minutes|
- 1 sheet puff pastry mostly thawed
- 1/3 cup Francesco Rinaldi Marinara Pasta Sauce plus more for dipping
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 slices pepperoni finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Thaw the puff pastry sheet enough so that it will unfold without cracking. Brush off any excess flour that may be on the surface. Gently spread the Francesco Rinaldi Marinara Pasta Sauce in a very thin layer over the entire surface of the puff pastry (the thinner the layer, the easier it is to work with). Sprinkle the entire surface of the pizza sauce with grated Parmesan cheese. If desired, sprinkle with finely chopped pepperoni and lightly press into the sauce.
- Using a pizza wheel, cut the puff pastry into 12 evenly sized vertical strips. Twist the ends of each strip in opposite directions to create a spiral look. Place the twisted strips onto a foil covered, pan-sprayed baking tray.
- Bake for approximately 13-17 minutes, or until light golden brown. Remove from the oven and gently place baked straws onto a cooling rack or tray. Let them cool enough until they set up and are crispy.