Pasta e Fagioli
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||10 minutes|
- 4 slices bacon
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 (24 oz.) jar Francesco Rinaldi Tomato, Garlic & Onion Pasta Sauce
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup elbow macaroni or ditalini pasta uncooked
- 1 (15 oz.) can cannelloni beans or great northern beans drained and rinsed
- 1 (10 oz.) package frozen chopped spinach thawed
- salt and pepper To taste
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- In a large saucepan cook bacon until crisp. Add garlic and onion and cook until onions are soft and translucent, about 3-4 minutes. Add pasta sauce and chicken stock and bring to a boil. Add pasta and cook 8-10 minutes or until al dente. Stir in beans and spinach and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve with grated Parmesan cheese.