|Prep Time||36 minutes|
|Cook Time||2 minutes|
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- 2 tbsp milk
- 3/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 lbs frozen cheese-filled ravioli, thawed about 36 ravioli
- 2 cups Francesco Rinaldi Marinara Pasta Sauce
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh basil
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- vegetable oil
- Combine egg and milk in a small bowl. Place breadcrumbs, basil and oregano in a shallow bowl. Dip ravioli in milk mixture and coat with breadcrumbs.
- Pour oil to a depth of 2 inches into a Dutch oven; heat to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with paper towels.
- With a metal slotted spoon, carefully slip a few ravioli at a time into the hot oil to avoid overcrowding. Fry 1-2 minutes or until ravioli turn light brown. Adjust heat as needed to maintain oil temperature. Drain on paper towels. Keep in a warm oven until all are fried.
- Heat together pasta sauce and basil in a small saucepan 2-3 minutes until hot. To serve, sprinkle ravioli with Parmesan cheese and serve with warm pasta sauce.