Quick Brisket with Tomato Risotto
Beef Brisket and Risotto has never been easier! This Instant Pot recipe creates a delicious and filling meal in a little over an hour. *Photos and Recipe courtesy of Stacie Billis at Cool Mom Eats
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||75 minutes|
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium chopped onion about 1 cup
- 4 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 3 lb flat cut beef brisket
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 1.5 cups Francesco Rinaldi Marinara Pasta Sauce
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups Aborio rice
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Parmesan cheese to taste
- chopped fresh basil for garnish
- Add the oil to the insert of your pressure cooker or Instant Pot and set on “sauté.” Once sizzling, add onion and garlic; stir and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. In the meantime, generously season the brisket with salt and pepper. Add to the insert and brown on one side, about 3 minutes. Flip and brown the second side, another 3 minutes.
- Add red wine and cook until reduced slightly, about 1 minute. Add the marinara sauce and chicken broth. Lock the lid of your pressure cooker or Instant Pot into place and set the valve to “sealing.” Using the manual setting, set the device to “high pressure” for 75 minutes. (If you’re using a slow cooker instead, set on high for 6 hours.)
- Quick release the pressure by carefully turning the valve to “venting” and, once you’re able, unlock and open the lid. Remove the brisket and add the rice. Stir and lock the lid in place, re-setting the valve to “sealing” and set on “high pressure” for 7 minutes.
- Once again, quick release the pressure by carefully turning the valve to “venting” and, once you’re able, unlock and open the lid. Stir in peas, lemon juice, and Parmesan. Taste and adjust salt, pepper, and Parmesan. Slice the brisket and place on a platter, add risotto to the platter, too, and sprinkle basil over the top before serving immediately with more Parmesan on the side.