As this policy may change from time to time, we encourage you to periodically check it.
Information We Collect and How We Use It
We only collect personally identifiable information on a voluntary basis. We do not require that you provide this information to gain access to our sites, and we do not require you to disclose more information than is reasonably needed to participate in activities on our sites. We collect personally identifiable information primarily to e-mail updates and news, for entry into promotions and to notify subsequent winners, to send out brochures, etc. via regular mail to subscribers, and to respond to your questions or suggestions.
We do not transfer or disclose any information we gather at our web sites to anyone outside of LiDestri Foods without your prior consent, except
– In cases where we believe in good faith that we have a legal obligation to disclose such information, and
– to certain suppliers that assist LiDestri Foods in maintaining and managing the activities on its web sites, including, for example, fulfillment of prizes awarded in connection with an online game. Please be assured that these suppliers are legally obligated to maintain the confidentiality of this information and do not acquire any rights to use your information for their own benefit. We may share non-identifiable aggregate information about our users (for example, the % of male and female visitors to our sites) with advertisers, business partners, sponsors, and other third parties in an effort to customize or enhance the content and advertising on our sites for our users.
We do reserve the right, in connection with the potential sale or transfer of the interests of LiDestri Foods and its subsidiaries and affiliates, to sell or transfer your information (including but not limited to your address, name, age, gender, zip code, state, and country of residency and other information that you provide through other communications) to a third party entity that
– Concentrates its business in a similar practice or service,
– Agrees to be LiDestri Foods’ successor in interest with regard to the maintenance and protection of the information collected, and
You should be aware that when you visit our web site, we collect certain information that does not identify you personally, but provides us with “usage data”. We use this information to create summary statistics and to determine the level of interest in information available on our site. Such non-identifying information includes:
– Domain name (i.e. aol.com if you are using America Online);
– Date and time our site was accessed;
– City and state where your domain name is registered;
– Any keywords you may have used in a search engine to find us;
– The browser used to find us;
– The Internet address of the web site from which you linked directly to our site.
Our sites frequently include notices for contests and sweepstakes that we are conducting. For those contests and sweepstakes where we permit you to enter electronically, we will use the information that you provide us only for the purposes of conducting the promotion (e.g., to contact you if you are a winner). We do not share this information with anyone outside of LiDestri Foods except for suppliers who assist us in conducting the promotion and who are legally obligated to maintain the confidentiality of any information we provide them.
Like most commercial web sites, some areas of our web site may also use what is known as “cookie” technology. A “cookie” is a non-executable element of data that a web site can send to your browser when you link to that site. By assigning a unique data element to each visitor, the web site is then able to recognize repeat users, track usage patterns and better serve you when you return to that site. The “cookie” does not extract personal information about you. Most browsers provide a simple procedure that will enable you to control whether you want to receive cookies by notifying you when a web site is about to deposit a cookie.
Security of Information Provided
We employ appropriate security measures to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. For certain areas of the site, we employ Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input as an additional security measure. However, as no online data transmission can be guaranteed to be totally secure, we (like all web sites) cannot warrant or guarantee 100% security of any information you transmit to us at our web sites.
User Name and Password
If you select a user name and password, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your computer, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password. LiDestri Foods and its affiliates reserve the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, and to remove or edit content, at their sole discretion.
Permission and Control
Our sites provide you the opportunity to opt-in to receive communications from us, as described at each opt-in opportunity. Further, when you receive the requested communication, you are given the opportunity to unsubscribe from receiving any future communications or to change your information.
You can always ask to review any personal information that we may have collected from you at one of our web sites, have us update, correct or delete this information (if we still have the information in our databases), and/or instruct us not to use this information in the future. If you wish to exercise this right, simply Contact Us.
Links To Other Sites
We do our best to make sure that every link on our web site sends you and/or your child to a safe place on the Internet. However, web sites and addresses change quickly, and we can’t always guarantee the content or privacy practices of every site for which we provide a link.
Children and Privacy
In communicating directly with children over the Internet, we recognize the unique issues raised about the protection of their privacy. Our web site is designed to comply with the requirements of the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) and Children’s Advertising Review Unit (CARU) guidelines for web sites gathering personally identifiable information from children under 13. Consistent with these requirements and guidelines, we do NOT:
– collect, use or disclose on-line contact information from children except in connection with on-line promotions, discussed below. Without prior parental consent, such on-line contact information will only be used to respond directly to the child’s request and will not be used for other purposes;
– collect personally identifiable off-line contact information unless for purposes of awarding prizes and only then with prior parental consent;
– distribute to third parties any personally identifiable information without prior parental consent;
– enable children to publicly post or otherwise distribute personally identifiable contact information without prior parental consent; or
– entice children by the prospect of a special game, prize or other activity, to divulge more information than is needed to participate in the activity.
We may permit a child to send us an e-mail or send an e-mail to a friend through our sites. We will respond to or deliver the e-mail, as the case may be, we do not store the names, addresses, or the e-mails in our operational database, and we do not share this information with any third parties.
As a parent, you can always ask to review any personal information about your child that we may have collected at one of our sites, have us delete this information (if we still have the information in our databases), and/or instruct us not to collect or use your child’s information in the future. If you are a parent and wish to exercise this right, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLEASE READ the important legal information below if you are planning to copy, download, forward, store, or reuse any of the information on this site. If you are using this site for more than your own personal information, education or enjoyment, you could be violating the law.
Web Site Terms and Conditions of Use
LiDestri Foods maintains this site (the “Site”) for your personal information, education and communication. All material from the Site, and from any other World Wide Web site owned, operated, licensed or controlled by LiDestri Foods or any of its related, affiliated or subsidiary companies (together ” LiDestri Foods “), may not be copied, distributed or republished, displayed, licensed, sold, modified, reused, uploaded, posted or transmitted in any way, without the prior written consent of LiDestri Foods except as provided below. You may download one copy of the material on one computer for your personal, non-commercial home use only, provided you do not delete or change any copyright, trademark or other proprietary notices contained on the materials. Modification or use of materials for any other purpose violate LiDestri Foods’ intellectual property rights. Software downloaded, including the files and images incorporated in or generated by the software and all accompanying data, is licensed to you for your personal, non-commercial use and may not be redistributed, sold, reverse-engineered, disassembled or otherwise converted to any other form.
Your access to and use of the Site is subject to the following terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) and all applicable laws. By accessing and browsing the Site, you automatically accept, without limitation or qualification, the Terms and Conditions.
Terms and Conditions
1. Submission: All remarks, suggestions, ideas, graphics or other information communicated to LiDestri Foods through this Site will become the property of LiDestri Foods, even if this Agreement is later terminated. LiDestri Foods shall have no obligation to treat any submission as confidential and will not be liable for any ideas for its businesses, including but not limited to product or advertising ideas, and will not incur any liability as a result of any similarities that may appear in future LiDestri Foods operations. LiDestri Foods retains exclusive ownership of all present and future rights to submissions of every kind, and will be entitled to use any submission for any commercial or other purpose whatsoever, without compensating you or any other person sending the submission. You acknowledge that you are responsible for any submission you make and that you, and not LiDestri Foods, have full responsibility for the message, including its legality, reliability, appropriateness, originality, copyright and noninfringement.
2. Liability Disclaimer: Your use of and browsing on the Site are at your own risk. WHILE LiDestri Foods uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up to date information on the site, LiDestri Foods makes no warranties or representations as to its accuracy. The materials on this Site are provided as is, without warranty of any kind. LiDestri Foods assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of the Site. LiDestri Foods does not warrant that the functions contained in the materials will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected or that this Site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or other harmful components. LiDestri Foods does not warrant or make any representations regarding title, noninfringement, the use or the results of the use of the materials in this Site in terms of their correctness, accuracy, level of quality, fitness for a particular purpose, reliability, even if any instructions, directions or recipes are properly followed, or otherwise. You are responsible for the entire cost of any necessary servicing, repair or correction to your system resulting, either directly or indirectly, from your use of this Site.
LiDestri Foods will not be liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, compensatory, incidental, special or consequential damages, or injury, caused by any failure or performance, error, omission, interruption, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus, or line failure, or the use of, or the inability to use, the materials in this Site, or any Site to which you hyperlink from this Site, even if there is negligence on LiDestri Foods’ part or if an authorized representative or agent has been advised of the possibility of such damages or both. Applicable law may not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. LiDestri Foods’ total liability to you for all losses, damages, injuries, causes of action, or claims of every kind (whether the damages are claimed under the terms of a contract, or they are claimed to be caused by negligence or other wrongful conduct, or they are claimed under any other legal theory) will not be greater than the amount you paid to access this Site.
3. Term: This agreement is effective until terminated by either party. You may terminate the agreement at any time by destroying all materials obtained from all LiDestri Foods sites, along with all related documentation and all copies and installations (together, the “Materials”). LiDestri Foods may terminate the agreement at any time without notice to you if, in its sole judgment, you breach any term or condition of this agreement, at which time you must destroy all Materials. LiDestri Foods reserves the right to terminate all or part of the Site at any time, without notice to you.
How To Contact Us